Post-Interview Reflection

Rachel Medina
09/09/2020

  • How do you feel the interview went overall?
    • Overall, I feel pretty confident with how the interview went. I answered every question to the best of my ability and never had awkward silence between myself and the interviewer. I felt like I was prepared and stayed true to myself, so I think the interview went really well!

  • How did you prepare for the interview?
    • I made sure that I reviewed my resume and personal letter so I was prepared for any questions regarding those documents. I also searched the website of my interview site to get a little more familiar with their facility. Lastly, I googled some typical interview questions to feel a little prepared about what may have been asked of me during the interview.
  • What, if anything, went differently than you expected?

    • The questions were a little more open-ended than I expected. When interviewing for OT school, I feel like our interview questions were very specific, but the questions asked of me were very broad and I had to think more quickly on the spot to answer them in a way that was personal.

  • What's something you would change if you could go through this process again (or something you'll do differently when you're in a real-life interview situation)?
    • I forgot to ask the interviewer a follow-up question at the end of the interview. If I did this process over again, I would be more prepared with follow-up questions to sound more interested and to see if this facility was the right fit for me.

  • What's something you learned during this process that may be helpful to you as you prepare to enter the workforce as an OT practitioner?
    • Throughout this process, I learned that I really am more prepared than I think I am to be out in the real world. Even though I’m nervous, I’m very excited to finish the home stretch of OT school and get started with fieldwork. I just need to stay confident in myself, and I will be prepared to enter the workforce as an OT practitioner.

Comments